The exhibition consists of mostly unknown photographs from private sources and international archives. The pictures are historic documents and convey a touching insight into the saga of a long forgotten Jewish post-war childhood in Upper Bavaria. Free admission.
Donations for the remembrance project welcome!
• Our PayPal account for donations from abroad: email@example.com
|The exhibition’s history 2012–2019
• February 18–April 10, 2019 – Bürgerhaus Römerschanz,
|After its quite successful first performance at Benediktbeuern Abbey in December 2012/January and February 2013, our photo exhibition “The Children of DP Camp Foehrenwald” (“Die Kinder vom Lager Föhrenwald”) moved to Waldram – formerly Föhrenwald – where it stayed in February and March 2013 at the parish of St. Josef der Arbeiter, Steinstrasse 22, 82515 Wolfratshausen-Waldram.
• From May to July 2013 the exhibition had a „guest performance“ at the cultural center „Kulturbühne Hinterhalt“ Gelting/Geretsried.
• In cooperation with the Cultural Center of the „Israelitische Kultusgemeinde München und Oberbayern“ the documentation went to Munich in February/March 2014. Afterwards, in May 2014, the „Heinrich-Campendonk-Realschule Penzberg“ (Junior High School), Karlstrasse 36, D–82377 Penzberg hosted the show (in cooperation with the Town Museum of Penzberg).
|PDF: Info on rental conditions!|
Impressions of the exhibition in Waldram 2013 by Justine Bittner, Geretsried
|Bayerisches Fernsehen/Bavarian Television: Touching Memories – a documentary (in German) for the Bavarian television by Dr. Sybille Krafft – January 26, 2013 – on YouTube|
■ More information
• Foehrenwald: Wikipedia
• DP camp Foehrenwald: Holocaust Museum
• UNRRA, United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration
• Displaced persons camp
• Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial To The Holocaust